Associate members, being non-voting members who do not qualify as ordinary members but trade with and/or provide services to the medical technology industry, i.e. registered South African entity or individual not involved primarily in the business of manufacturing, selling, marketing, distributing and/or wholesaling of medical devices as its main business focus.
Such entities/services may include:
- Recruitment of Industry personnel
- Training and educational services to the Industry
- Warehousing and logistical services
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Equipment servicing and repair services
- Design of medical devices
- Government entities
- Non-medtech trade organisations
- Healthcare Professional Associations
- Other services which the SAMED Board deem to be appropriate
A collective of associate members may not become either association or associate members of SAMED.
The Board reserves the right to review the membership of an associate member on an annual basis, as it relates to their continued provision of services to the medical technology industry and value added to SAMED and the SAMED members