President, South African Orthopaedic Association
Past and current work experience:
- Orthopaedic Registrar – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery University of Cape Town at Groote Schuur Hospital: 1990 – 1995
- Clinical Head – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Victoria Hospital. Wynberg: 1996 – 2001
- Limited Private Orthopaedic Practice – Wynberg Hospital: 1996 – 2000
- Director – Orthopaedic Trauma Group: 1999 – February 2012
- Director – Cape Orthopaedic Trauma Group: March 2012 – Present
Clinical research and other research and work:
- Post Fellowship career dedicated to trauma orthopaedic surgery
- O. Alumni member and faculty. Executive committee member since 2001
- Adjunct Associate Professor – Department Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Cape Town (2021)
- President: South African Orthopaedic Association (2020-2021)
- Research papers presented at the SAOA Congresses, SASSH Congresses, SAPOS Congresses, Local and International Arthroplasty Congresses, S.A. Sports Medicine Society Congresses and the OTA Congress
- Faculty Lecturer and Chairman – A.O. Principal and Advances Courses worldwide
- Chair: Davos Courses 2010, 2011, 2020, 2021. (FET, ELP and faculty coach training)
- Faculty Lecturer and Chairman – Smith & Nephew Biannual Skeletal Trauma Symposium and Masters Fracture Forums.
- Director of Fellowship Centre for A.O. Fellowships.
- AO IPE Task Force Member 2010 – 2013.
- Author: AO Principles of Fracture Management – Edition 3 (2017)
- Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee – Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital.