Yes. Interactions relating to product development and intellectual property would be subject to the general principle that members shall encourage ethical business practices and socially responsible industry conduct and shall not use any unlawful or unethical inducement in order to sell, lease, recommend, use, maintain or arrange for the sale, lease, or prescription of, their products.
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- Can a sample be sold for commercial gain?
- What are demonstration products?
- What is a Sample?
- Can we make a donation to a Public Hospital so that they can purchase patient gowns?
- What are possible sanctions for breaches of the provisions of the Code?
- Is a contract between a company and HCO for the sale/loan/rental or placement of capital equipment, which includes a provision pertaining to the purchase of consumables/disposables associated with the equipment is permitted?
- Is a branded wine aerator to the value of R 300 incl vat an acceptable promotional item?
- Is it inappropriate to arrange company product and procedure training at company events since one should only offer unbiased education; with no mention of brand names.
- Is it permissible to arrange a two hour Hop-on-Hop-off tour of the city for some HCPs on the morning of the fourth day whilst the HCP’s are waiting for their flights to depart.
- I have arranged a CPD event. Can I hand out company branded promotional items?