No. In order to facilitate the safe and effective use of medical technologies, companies should make product and procedure training available to relevant HCPs.
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- Can a sample be sold for commercial gain?
- What are demonstration products?
- What is a Sample?
- Can we make a donation to a Public Hospital so that they can purchase patient gowns?
- What are possible sanctions for breaches of the provisions of the Code?
- Is a contract between a company and HCO for the sale/loan/rental or placement of capital equipment, which includes a provision pertaining to the purchase of consumables/disposables associated with the equipment is permitted?
- Is a branded wine aerator to the value of R 300 incl vat an acceptable promotional item?
- Is it permissible to arrange a two hour Hop-on-Hop-off tour of the city for some HCPs on the morning of the fourth day whilst the HCP’s are waiting for their flights to depart.
- I have arranged a CPD event. Can I hand out company branded promotional items?