Is registration for medical devices required in Cameroon and what it would entail for registering of a medical device in this country?
The Medical Devices Department (MDD) division under FOODS AND DRUGS AUTHORITY is responsible for the regulation of all classes of medical devices in Cameroon and thus undertakes the evaluation of applications and registration of medical devices,both foreign and locally manufactured.
How to apply:
- Applicants should gather all the required documents and visit the foods and drugs authority, office in charge is the medical devices department (MDD)
- Approach the services desk and request for the application form or download it from the Direction de la pharmacie du medicament et des laboratories (DPML )
- Fill the form accurately ,attach the required documents and submit it to the attending official
- Your application will be reviewed, evaluated, processed by the MDD committee
- If all the information are in order and the application fees paid, you will be issued with the licences
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS :
- Accurately filled application form
- Sample of the product (if applicable)
- Bank deposit slip (proof of payment)
Website : https://dpml.cm/index.php/fr/