Brinsley DavidsVice President Wound Healing Association of South Africa
• B. Cur Nursing Science Degree (UWC University, 2007)
Post Grad Cert. Front Line Nursing Management (Life College, 2012)
• MSc N Ed (Structured work, not Thesis)
• Dip. Holistic Wound Management (UFS 2016) distinction
• Dip. Lower Leg Ulcers (UFS 2016) distinction
• Dip. Treatment of Complicated Wounds (UFS 2016) distinction
• Dip. Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers (UFS 2016) with distinction
• Dip. Prevention of Pressure Ulcers (UFS 2016) with distinction
IIWCC International Post Grad Certification (Toronto University, 2022)
After completing my Nursing Science Degree I was employed at. Private institution and held several positions including, 2nd In Charge, Link Nurse, Clinical Training Specialist, Unit Manager, Acting Nursing Standards Manager, and Unit Manager. I became the Unit Manager of an extremely high demanding Neurovascular Unit. Due to the nature of the unit that I was managing, the demand for advanced technologies increased drastically. I diversified and began specializing in advanced wound care in my unit and later I ventured into the Wound care industry.
Since I started with Wound Care I have been part of WHASA and currently part of their Executive Committee and Secretary. I have also been privileged to be invited as a international guest speaker on several occasions and I have peer reviewed and published in Wound Healing Journal as well.
I am currently enrolled for my Masters in Wound Care as well and plan to stay part of continuous education in this industry..My attitude, both personally and professionally, is one of optimism and positivity. This mindset is extremely rewarding and inevitably leads to increased productivity, and most importantly, forms the “determination” factor which I find I now need in life to achieve major accomplishments.
Current Employment – Cape Advanced Wound Care Centre – Advanced wound care practitioner
Acelity – Accounts Executive
Life Health Care – Unit Manager
Life Kingsbury/ Claremont Hospital – Clinical Training Specialist
Life Kingsbury/ Claremont Hospital – Acting Unit Manager in a second-in-charge position.
Seanda HealthCare Placements Branch Manager – Clinical Facilitator
Other Experiences Gained
• Basic Life Support (Lead Instructor for Life Kingsbury/Claremont Hospitals)
• Actively involved with the community projects of the Hospital (Sizanani)
• Involved with the recruitment processes of the student nurses with the Life College here in Cape Town
• Attending regular management meetings/ unit manager meetings.
• Unit management Recruitment and Selection toolkit completed.
• Industrial Relations workshop completed.
• Medication workshop completed and involved with assessment and evaluation processes with the Clinical coordinators.
• WHASA, FPL, NEA Member
• Previously Forum for Nurse Leaders – Former Committee Member
• Western Cape Wound Healing Association of SA – Committee Member
• Advanced wound healing Practitioner – Practice Number – BHF – 0508020
• Mentorship award (2008,2009), Manager award (2013)
• Integrity Selling Skills Course.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.