SAHPRA is only allowing the sale of serological test within National Testing setting. This will need to follow the National Testing algorithm which the National Department of Health will publish.
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- We have Section 21 approval by SAHPRA to begin trading a COVID-19 antigen test. Does our wholesalers selling the device also need to get approval from SAHPRA?
- Covid 19 Testing Kits
- What is the involvement of the SABS and is there an additional registration that is required for Medical Devices and IVD’s?
- What are the turnaround times for COVID-19 product applications?
- If I want to bring in a serological/rapid test kit or PCR test kit for Research Use Only (RUO), what must I do?
- What is the classification on serological/rapid test kits?
- If a supplier sells different masks, do they require a compliance certificate for each mask type?
- Do you require a medical device establishment license from SAHPRA in order to supply a surgical gloves?
- Are local manufacturers of masks required to comply to the standards set out by NRCS?