General: 7-10 Working days, however, this will depend on the completeness of the application and support documentation as well as the response times to any SAHPRA queries with the applicant. Application for serological kits may take 6-8 weeks as these require greater technical scrutiny and validation
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- We have Section 21 approval by SAHPRA to begin trading a COVID-19 antigen test. Does our wholesalers selling the device also need to get approval from SAHPRA?
- Covid 19 Testing Kits
- What is the involvement of the SABS and is there an additional registration that is required for Medical Devices and IVD’s?
- If I want to bring in a serological/rapid test kit or PCR test kit for Research Use Only (RUO), what must I do?
- What are the limitations on the sale of serological/rapid test kits?
- What is the classification on serological/rapid test kits?
- If a supplier sells different masks, do they require a compliance certificate for each mask type?
- Do you require a medical device establishment license from SAHPRA in order to supply a surgical gloves?
- Are local manufacturers of masks required to comply to the standards set out by NRCS?