Patient consent is critical. Ensure that they are aware of what information you will be processing and that the provision of this information is voluntary, specific and informed.
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- How do I get CPD points for a SAMED Event?
- Medtech suppliers often retain records of HCP device preferences, the number of cases they perform and other data for trend analysis. This is shared with new sales staff taking over territory or for existing sales staff to adjust their sales approach. Will this still be permissible under POPI?
- In the case where a healthcare provider request the patient’s name on the invoice, how should Medtech suppliers respond?
- Will hospitals be able to function without patient names and only identify patients by numbers?
- Can a sample be sold for commercial gain?
- What are demonstration products?
- What is a Sample?
- Can we make a donation to a Public Hospital so that they can purchase patient gowns?
- What are possible sanctions for breaches of the provisions of the Code?