It remains the responsibility of the healthcare facility to provide appropriate clothing and/or lead aprons. However, if this is not possible then the facility must provide authorization for the medical device personnel to wear their own appropriate attire.
Related Knowledge Base Posts
- Can I offer registration to a local congress as a prize for a healthcare professional?
- Can we provide certificates of attendance for training conducted by one of our specialists?
- We are in the process of setting up Proctorship Agreements with HCP’s and wanted to find out if SAMED had any agreement templates or guidelines that we can reference?
- With surgical implants, companies are obliged to hold records for the natural life of a patient. This is for tracking, vigilance and recall. How will POPI affect these records? Consider that a healthcare provider who performed the surgery and maintains the record could go out of business 5 years after the surgery and a product recall could take place 10 years after that surgery.
- What are the regulations around single use devices?
- How do I get a free sale certificate for medical devices?